Barrhaven Food Cupboard is a community-led, non-profit charitable organization that provides food assistance to individuals and families in need in the Barrhaven area through the generosity of our community. We are a registered Canadian charity (Registered Charity Number 83906 3831 RR0001).
We aspire to support our neighbours in Barrhaven, by providing them with food and other essentials of daily living, when going gets tough for them. Our mission of “Neighbours Helping Neighbours” also means that we engage and inspire our community to help and support our community members in need.
Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19): Barrhaven Food Cupboard Response
The growing concerns regarding the COVID-19 pandemic is an important public health matter, and one that the Barrhaven Food Cupboard (BFC) is taking very seriously. In this testing time, BFC services are required more than ever. We are committed to doing all we can to protect our community while continuing service to our existing Barrhaven clients (users) and provide service to the ones who might be struggling at this time.
In response we are making the following changes:
– We remain open, but are moving to a pre-packed hamper model effective Tuesday, March 17, 2020. This essentially means that our users will not be able to access our storefront and choose their items as usual, but would rather be picking up pre-packaged hampers specifically packed as per individual family size and needs.
– Increasing our on-site hygiene, and ensuring social distancing between our volunteers on site as well as volunteers serving in the community.
– Asking volunteers and clients who have traveled or who are feeling unwell to not visit our premises.
– Recommending that any volunteers that have underlying health conditions or are immune-compromised please refrain from volunteering.
– Encouraging staff, volunteers, and visitors are to wash their hands frequently.
Please know that we are listening closely to Ottawa Public Health, our governments at all levels and striving to do our part in keeping our community safe, while continuing to provide essential services to those in need.
Please Help Us Support The Vulnerable In Our Community.
Barrhaven Food Cupboard needs support at this time because:
– Vulnerable families can’t afford to stock up food for days. With your help, we will ensure they can get through these difficult times.
– Many fundraising events may get postponed or cancelled. Your help will keep our shelves stocked for anyone who may need food during this stressful time.
If you are in need of help please dont hesitaite to contact us.